Saturday, May 10, 2008

Shroom Soldiers

I was out in my backyard just peacefully picking loquats from my neighbor's tree. I mean, I have the right to take the fruit if the branches come over to our side of the fence, right? I have long ago perfected the way of eating loquats. You tear off the top and spit it out. Then you suck out everything from inside the rest of the fruit, meat, seeds, and all, taking care to not waste any juice. Then you spit out the seeds, give the empty sack that used to be the loquat a last cleansing suck, and throw it away.

Then I helped my mom decided where we sh
ould plant an orange tree that she was planning to buy.

Anyways, the reason I wrote this post was because of an army of mushrooms that came out of nowhere. They sure weren't there yesterday. I must have made these belligerent 'shroom soldiers below mad somehow. Our little fungi friends tried to shoot me when I shot their picture. Maybe it was because I unsuccessfully tried to incinerate them using a magni
fying glass. It worked in biology...


Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

avidfoodie said...

You know... you have a mistake in your blog post. You spelled Detritivores with an 'i' as the first vowel. The mushrooms are Basidomycetes because they are in the phylum Basidomycota. A common characteristic of basidomycetes are the that they have fruiting bodies called Basidocarps, which are the structures that carry the basidia, which produces the basidospores. The basidospores allow the 'shroom to grow in other places because of wind dispersion, as seen in dandelions.

Next time when you are out, do not approach those mushrooms for they may shoot something that tells your body to produce a mushroom head. Then, the more hair you cut off, the faster your mushroom head will grow. This was an awful experience, as the only remedy was to pee all over your head.

Anonymous said...

UHH... who said that YOUR mushroom head would grow hair, and WHO implied that one's response to a preposterous 'mushroom-head-growing-from-your-body' would be to cut hair off? Before you post such useless comments to the world, why don't you find some hard facts to support your tangents, and also include the source of your information? Otherwise, the world should consider your comments as obsolete.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.