Friday, April 25, 2008

Must I Explain?

Some say they hate school. Some say that the worst part of school is English (or math). Still others say the worst part of English is explaining.

Explaining is already annoying. Yes or no. That's all I want to give as an answer. It's really unfair, by the way. The teachers get to write one line while we have to write five in return.

The worst part of all is when you have to explain the obvious. There are times when I'd just like to throw my pen across the room and scream, "Because it is!!!" and crumple the paper up. I assume that whoever is going to read my work couldn't be so possibly stupid that they couldn't get the point after one or two sentences.

The teachers want us to make something out of nothing. Please write an entire page's worth of stuff for this one thing. But there's nothing to say! I've said what I've could say and they still want me write more! And so I sit there with my hand stroking my nonexistent beard trying to think of some fluff for my essay.

Conclusions are also annoying. We always have to sum things up, but it feels so much like repeating myself. I've already mentioned it once in the topic paragraph and another time in the body paragraphs. So, as per English writing standards, I am going to conclude this post by repeating myself: explaining stinks.

P.S.: At some point, I am also going to rant about the Modern Language Association. And symbolism.

HALF-BAKED IDEA: Pending revision for failure to meet Moufflets Quality Standards.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Christine said...

-_- you have me to answer to. srsly.

MLA is no big deal -,-
symbolism IS a bit hard for me, but i understand it. and do people really yell, "BECAUSE IT IS!!!!!"


'cause i guess i've learned how to live with this, and i use my logic to explain. it's all about relating back to the thesis.

i can't believe people say writing sucks :[

Anonymous said...

=0 of course writing does not suck christine, without writing, i wouldnt be writing this right now

and yes people do yell BECAUSE IT IS!! i did it once LOL