Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Until the STARs Fade pt.2

Until the STARs Fade pt.1

Well, I'm done with the English portion. As usual, it was overwhelmingly boring with a few hard spots. Not that I didn't know my stuff. It's just that some questions had those unfair answers that I just couldn't choose between.

Then from there we had one hour to figure out some way to entertain ourselves within the confines of a classroom. Me, I just took out my iPod and continued working on my Bejeweled High Score, which was on Level 18. Right now, I'm currently on Level 21. It takes longer and longer to complete a level at this stage. Maybe I'll set a world record.

Our proctor happened to be an Algebra 2 teacher. With tomorrow being a math test, he said that we all needed to know Standard Deviations among other things. Well, apparently, the school system must be a little whack because being an Algebra 2 Honors student, I had no idea what a Standard Deviation was, as did every other honors student who did not over achieve.

[CENSORED: Sensitive information. To be released after 2007-2008 school year has ended.]

Someone also brought his MacBook Air. First of all, snobby show-off. Second, why in the world are you using a Mac in the first place? He said he was going to do his English homework, but soon gave into temptation and started playing an offline flash game (probably because he couldn't get a good game on his Mac).

Well, I hope that crash course on Standard Deviations and probability will help tomorrow.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

guess what? i actually know standard deviation! IT SUCKS BUTT. on the night that i had standard deviation for my math homework, it took me like two hours to finish it. and i only had like 20 problems.

it was becuase my lame fobby math teacher gave us questions with like 12 numbers in each set of data D:

Jeremy Kao said...

I know.. the questions had two obviously incorrect answers and two slightly different answers. My testing period got to watch a movie after everyone finished.

Also, people could choose all answers on your poll. Try it.

Look what i found...
www.korn.com